United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
You're welcome.

You don't don't owe me anything and your stated thanks is more than sufficient.

Nomos make lovely, well made watches, and I'm sure you'll really enjoy wearing yours. I know the standard Tangente is a manual wind watch. Is the Tangente Norma an automatic version or just a slightly differently styled one? (No need to find out if you don't know...I was just curious.)

I think now is a good time to buy a Nomos for in the past lustrum they've gotten a lot of positive press. Positive press is really, really good for letting manufacturers raise the prices and Nomos' have been creeping up bit by bit. Better to get one while they are still "creeping" instead of running at full tilt. LOL

All the best.
It's a standard manual Nomos Tangente, but instead of a polished stainless steel case, it has a black PVD coated stainless steel case instead. It has also been hardened, based on what I've read in reviews. From what I can tell and based on the research I've done, that's essentially the only difference. They're obviously discontinued now. Production started in 2010, but I didn't find out when it stopped. I purchased #57639, wish I got a nicer number, but that's me being picky.

http://www.clubnomos.de/tangente_norma.htm

Yes! I know exactly what you mean. I haven't been in the watch game long but I've been lusting after a Nomos the moment I accidentally saw a picture of it floating somewhere on the interwebs. I don't even remember where I saw it, but after 6+ months, I finally pulled the trigger. Other than the Tangente, I'm also quite fond of the Ahoi Atlantik and Lambda Deep Blue.

I've also been lusting for Nomos Tangente/Tangomat Bauhaus rival, the Stowa Antea. I'll probably pick up one of those variants as well. However, I'll probably buy a used one as I'm not so fond of their new logo. I think the older one with the enlarged scripted "S" looks more classy.
Appreciate 0