06-08-2015, 12:40 AM   #9
kisho
Quiet till poked
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [9.50]
Once again thanks for the thorough answer. The erotica watch made me laugh, didn't know those existed. As for the rest of your response, to me, it essentially boils down to "worth is in the eye of the of the beholder" or something of that sort. Certain functions/features a particular watch needs or rather the buyer wants it to have is relative to their own personal sense of worth. Like you said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
...people buy them because they can, not because there's any good or pressing reason to do so. Might there be an exception or two to that? I suppose there could be, but for most folks, overwhelmingly most folks, there isn't.
There's so much truth to that statement that I can't believe I didn't think of it in the first place. Also, I've never actually thought about it enough to express it in words but but your approach is something I've been following subconsciously, not word for word, but very close. Every luxury item I've bought always went through the process of whether it would be a burden/strain and if I'd like it enough to get a second (assuming there would be a desire to get a second one). FYI, I ended up purchasing a a Nomos Tangente Norma off of WUS.

Lastly, thanks for all the info. I owe you a drink for teaching me so much
Appreciate 0