05-21-2011, 02:33 AM   #11
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
Thank you so much for putting this up. Do u have more pictures of exactly where u felted it?

Also, where did u buy the felt and tape? I didn't see anything like that at home depot. Only the weatherstripping.
Home depot only has the weatherstripping. I asked for felt tape and they sent me to the paint section, so I left. I ordered it on amazon (see link) and it came in 2 or 3 days here in LA. I applied felt to all edged surfaces of the rear vent behind the parcel shelf, as well as the raised ridges on the underneath and where the screws meet. Anywhere that will have contact with another surface.

Tape: http://www.amazon.com/JVCC-FELT-06-P...5963141&sr=8-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
Also where exactly do u pull on the c pillars to pop it off and what direction to pull it? I'm afraid to break the clips.

Can u use a picture and draw arrows on where to pry it? Do u just pry it with your hands? Or a tool?

You unscrew the bolt behind the plastic airbag clip on the pillar cover and then pry in towards the center of the car. You will need to tug pretty hard, and if you do break a clip, dealerships stock them usually and they cost maybe $.50 each. I ordered several to replace some worn clips from Tischer. Once unscrewed, I usually grasped the top part of the pillar cover that meets the headliner and pulled in towards the 3rd brake light I guess. i felted all contact areas of these panels too, just any of the exposed white plastic just in case!
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|
Appreciate 1
KawBoy154.50