06-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #143
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
You guys are . Even in the facts you don't back down. Not uncommon but seriously gives me the The fact that you don't understand why an argument about running 87 is relevant to timing changes related to changing exhaust configuration is valid should be a clue to you.

Let's try a different highlighting strategy.

How does it look now?

S65 doing timing correct for exhaust poses the same dangers as above. The physics are the same. There is no pixie dust in the S65 ECU that makes it work better. The base timing map after changing exhaust parts will not change and will be suboptimal requiring timing corrections which were designed to cope with fuel quality and manufacturing tolerances, and _not_ redneck engineering.
LOL. Show me the logs that show detonation with an aftermarket exhaust like you would experience with 87 octane fuel. You are seriously saying, without any evidence to back it up, that putting an aftermarket exhaust on an M3 is a similar problem for the ECU to deal with as having 87 octane which will cause the M3 to detonate horribly (I imagine) at WOT. The physics are not at ALL the same.

You are comparing running a fuel outside of the manuf specs in the engine. The car will perform horribly, the engine will suffer some level of damage, and will dyno way down on power. Tell me how the "physics are the same" between that and the ECU adjusting fuel and timing, and probably some other things, for an exhaust that will improve the VE of the engine and result in more HP on the dyno? Makes no sense.

Explain this to me, how do people make more power on the dyno with constant detonation and timing being pulled? Why do tuners, who run the stock car on the dyno for a baseline, NEVER report what you are talking about? Seems like it would be an awesome way to sell their software. How can BMW sell their own exhaust which has been shown to make power on the dyno? Your argument makes no sense.

Also, "adjustments to the base map" are always needed regardless of aftermarket parts. That's why they call it a base map. If everything worked the same on every car in every environment, they would just call it "the map". By your logic - you better not change your fuel quality, drive at different altitudes, or in different ambient temperatures in your car.
Appreciate 0