07-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #13
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
The RE-11's weigh about 4 pounds (each) more than PS2's so small differences in wheel weight are irrelevant.

I had RE-01R's, the RE-11 predecessor. They were great initially but got really slippery once they'd been heat cycled a few times. I'm curious to see how the RE-11's perform in the long run.
I had the RE-01R's on my 335i as well. They were a great tire, and you are right, they did tend to get greasy when really hot. However I don't remember losing grip forever when heat cycled, just when they got hot they got greasy, bring the temp. back down and they would stick again.

I don't have enough miles or time on the RE-11's to know if they cured that. That was my one and only complaint about the RE-01R's, other than that I loved them.

Yes, the RE-11's do weigh a little more then the PS2's, they have to in order to have the increased side wall stiffness. I don't have an issue with the weight of the tires. I was just responding to stylinexpat's post about wheel weights.
It was proven somewhere that the OEM 19" wheels weigh slightly less then the OEM 18's.

But yeah, when you add wheels and tires together the weights are negligible.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0