View Single Post
      09-15-2007, 03:49 PM   #31
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Wow. I am amazed at how you captured every detail of the driving experience in a way we can all relate to. Thank you for putting us in the driver's seat with you. Definitely the best review yet. From an owner-to-be, to a current owner -- THANK YOU!

I totally read you with your E46 M3 comments as well. You put into words my own thoughts about the E46 M3.... only I could never put it into words as well as you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
So, how does the current incarnation shape up next to the E46? In essence they are two very different cars. The E46 gained its reputation for its raw, edgy performance, but it always felt to me like BMW were trying to merge the emotions of a race car with the luxuries of a road car, which, in my opinion, never really works. It was too noisy and unrefined to be a luxury car, but was also too heavy and uncommunicative to be a true sports car.
Thank you again for taking the time to really detail the new M3's driving experience. It's obvious you have an excellent feel for the car already, and your abilities to analyze it far exceed any journalist review I've seen. Just amazing!

I'd be interested to hear what options you will choose for your next M3, now that you have sampled the launch car. Enjoy it in good health! Congratulations!

Appreciate 0