02-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #73
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gunfun View Post
IS-F tranny is brutal compare to the DCT.
I used to have an IS-F and very confused by your "brutal" comment, care to elaborate? I thought the IS-F tranny was really good given it was just a smart Auto but can't argue with it's reliability and awesome MPG on the highway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMA Doc View Post
I have only had manual transmissions-other than my e90. I still have a 6 speed manual in the S2000, so every time I get in the S2000 I am reminded why I drive a manual, and every time I get in the M3, I'm reminded why I have an M-DCT. It's all rather confusing, but in a pleasantly enjoyable way.
I agree, the s2000 is a car that would be a sin to get in a DCT. Every car has their strong points. For the M3, I chose DCT since it's my DD and my wife prefers one over the manual for city driving - one less thing to worry about especially in San Francisco hilly streets!

Always thought Ferrari's should be a manual until recently I had the honor of driving a friend's 458. The technology is similar to the BMW's DCT but boy does it take it up one notch in terms of crispness and speed. Maybe it was the F-car's intoxicating engine/exhaust note or the fact I was driving one of the most awesome cars on this planet but it sure felt much quicker than the M3's DCT shifting Since the f-car is way out of my price range for now, the M3 will have to do
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0