View Single Post
      12-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #16
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamie92m3 View Post
Basically the car pulls to the right the minute you let off the steering wheel. There is also some tension to the right as you hold the car to go straight. I wouldnt say it swerves the minute you let go. Funny thing is I expected this to happen. Last car I had (987S Boxster S) I put H&R springs and it took 3 alignments to get it right..... not sure why but I hate a car that pulls. Mine ALWAYS go right. Never had a car pull left. I'm taking the M back on MOnday and getting it re-aligned ANyways, on a side note, I also went with a full AA exhaust/X-pipe. Its completely ridiculous. The best part is there is very little cabin drone or noise. It just screams when you want it to. The car also now emits some very mean burbling/back pressure noises that I love. This thing stock was just pitiful. Way too quiet.
Alright my friend here are a few posibilities for your car to pull right... it could be a single or a combination of these reasons...

1) Your alignment is off. Solution: get it aligned at a BMW dealer (as much as I hate them). Dealer's tech would have more experience with these just because of the volume of cars that go through, so they are more likely to do it correctly. Dealers also have the latest equipment and alignment procedures.

2) Your tires are worn unevenly. When I had my car aligned my steering wheel was still slightly off-centered, and it was due to uneven wear between my left and right tires.

3) You may just be driving on an uneven road. As you already know roads are crowned to drain water, that's why even a perfectly aligned car may pull to the right slightly.

4) You may just be feeling the increased negative camber. Wheels with more negative camber are more inclined to turn. Add this to the crown of the road, and you car will pull.

In sum, a slight pull is ok. And my definition of slight is that at highway speeds, you can let go of the wheel for a good 5 seconds and stay in the same lane. If not, then you should get it corrected.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0