United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I just checked, and GTA IV has an ESRB rating of "Mature". So "young kids" shouldn't be playing this game, and they shouldn't be watching movies like The Expendables, or John Rambo.

I'm not sure how this is a question of content control rather than parental control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
You'll see from previous posts that i believe it's almost ALWAYS a question of parental control and discipline or rather, lack thereof. It's not the games fault. Just like having access or permission to view R rated movies or kids picking up poor language from their parents, disdain for a gender, race or their smoking and drinking habits. These things almost always come from parenting.
It amazes me how willing some parents are to give games like Grand Theft Auto or similar games with a mature rating to their young children. I certainly enjoy playing games like GTA, but don't think young impressionable children necessarily should be. Almost every parent had the same excuse that their kid would play the game at a friend's house, so why not just give them the game anyway. That thought process still baffles me.