View Single Post
      12-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
240E and BPM tune ... can't stop driving!

I finally took the plunge and after five years of ownership contacted Mike for a tune. After series of PMs the day finally came today, Saturday. Reading of my ECU showed I had 140E in my 2007 M3, which in fact was updated in September 2009.

The only delay in the whole process was the backing up of 140E (in case!). That took 35 minutes exact. Then liaising through Skype the internet I had the 240E tune minus increase in rev limiter, top speed and cold start cycle.

I know people have written post after post praising the tune and how it comes alive from 5k rpm. For me the tune works across the whole rpm range regardless of the speed or gear. It's an amazing feeling and it feels like you're driving a totally new car. No kidding. I took a slow corner in fourth and buried the right foot ... the car just kept accelerating. Before it would struggle before hitting the sweet spot in the rpm range and then accelerate. What a piece of work!

I was making every excuse to get out of the house to drive this car today. Just purely breathtaking, and the acceleration blows you away. I now know what people were saying about 5k rpm and above. I am not going to use word like "gorilla", "rape" in describing my experience. The experience just blows you away.

What I liked about this who experience is the customer service experience I had when dealing with Mike. I sent him PM after PM querying him about everything. At times he was a day late (that's understandable given his popularity), but he still responded politely and to the point. Made me feel at ease with the whole tuning process. I knew I was in safe hands and nothing could go wrong. There are things that are beyond our control. Those were factored in. But in terms of the tune, I had no second thoughts.

To be honest ... this has been one fabulous experience. Thank you Mike. I won't say anymore. I will leave the car to do the talking.

Man, I am like a kid with the biggest present in the world for a bargain price.