View Single Post
      05-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Calling Out All Frozen Paint Owners....

frozen paint of M3s have been out for a while now. i think it's time to hear from actual owners and their experiences.

this all stems from this thread....
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post14004618

where this member said this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
Color choice is a matter of personal opinion and the M3 seems to look good or better in just about every color. I for one, just dont "get" the whole frozen paint thing and think it will be a maintenance nightmare. At about 10K for the option, it seems way over priced to me. For those who love it - it might be a bargain and I am glad you have the option of getting what you want.
my response was this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post

1) the option to have frozen paint is roughly 5k.

2) maintenance for a frozen paint job isn't a nightmare. unless you find regular wash/detailing for your car a nightmare. it's easier to take care of than a gloss job because you don't have to wax it. yes you should take care of bug/bird crap....but no more than a regular paint job. BMW only makes a big deal out of it because there are people who let that stuff damage a regular paint job, which you can buff out...problem is with the frozen paint job, the damage isn't that easy to fix. i don't think they want the headache of owners coming into dealerships griping about the paint....when they didn't follow simple instructions to maintain it. that's the reason for them to get you to sign an agreement to it. (and , IMO, a unwise move on their part....since it lead people to get hysterical about it)

but, that's the only legitimate gripe about frozen paint. that the damage to it isn't easy to repair. BUT, repairing paint ISN'T maintaing it. thus i find your statement false.

this thread is NOT meant to dump on member cwg...but to put to rest the annoying myths about a Frozen Paint job. it does nothing for any of us here to have the wrong info continually circulating about.

so....i love to hear from any frozen paint owners out there ( OR anybody with an informed opinion)....let me know if i'm right about this. or wrong.

either way i don't care wether i'm right or wrong. i'm just sick of these myths that keep circulating about this. i, for one , would like to get some truth to this matter once and for all....

*edited for spelling and grammar*

Last edited by Hyperjack; 05-17-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0