08-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #126
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
A long overdue update. I hooked up with Harold from HP at the So Cal Euro event and he did some "resetting" of the battery/charging profiles using a laptop and Autologic (or GT1) tool. Since then my car is behaving normally and I am not experiencing ANY flaws, bugs, downsides, etc. from my Braille battery. I can now leave the car unused for multiple nights in a row as well. This leaves me with the comfort that the specfications are in line with the batterys actual performance. If you recall there was much prior discussion in this regard - the batteries specs seemed to be inconsistent with its behavior in my car.

Anyway thanks again Harold. The Braille 3121 has my full endorsement for a warm weather M3 application, regardless of the vehicles options.

Lucid: Any update on your installation?
Well, back to square one... The battery now often gets so low in charge that the date and time are lost. I just got back from 2 weeks of vacation (away from the car and it was not started nor used) and now I can not seem to get enough charge in the battery to memorize the date and time. I am going to return the battery and look for something around 60 Ah. I am very puzzled as to why many can have good luck on this exact car in this exact configuration.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0