View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #1114
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Well, there's nothing to win in HPDE regardless of whether TC on or off. But, absolutely, a lot to lose. And, I'm by no means insisting that everyone turn off TC. Heck, I don't make their car payments.

But, to see people on TC/PASM/MDM boast about lap times as if it's all driver...

Also, as fun and satisfying as tracking is compared to streeting and hardparking only (i.e. using less than 50% of what these cars are capable of), the differential in that fun/satisfactory factor between TC off and on is further substantial. They have no idea of the elevated fun factor in the interaction between the driver, the car and the track. With MDM/PASM, there's a big piece missing in that equation (& lines don't look right, etc).

Besides, quit chasing lap times if you aren't capable (the car & mods thereon might be) and quit insisting on being in Red group if you aren't ready, and you won't be wrecking cars.
+1

i'm trying to learn how to actually drive well and control the damn car. laptimes getting better are a side effect of building my skill. i still have a shit ton to learn but most recently, i get more joy letting the car slide and catching it with throttle to the floor than doing hot laps for the sake of times....(there are plenty of folks on here who are very skilled at driving and i am trying to catch you guys!)

i remember once at brp with sv, some dude there on his 1st track day in his bone stock m3 was running 2:03s and asked the organizer if he could jump to green/red (when asked he said it was his 1st track day and got denied of course)....i was behind him and holy hell did the dsc (or mdm) gods save him...he should have crashed into a wall or hit the dirt hard on almost every turn.

for now, no need for me to post lap times as they are horrible

but i do reach my attainable goals for each event without trying to chase a time so i'm getting better and that's all that counts right now
Appreciate 0