Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
Did the engine stop extremely abruptly/violently? If so, you sucked up some water and hydro-locked it and that motor is done.

Make sure that it ends up at a shop that you trust to do major work right. In the past, I've made sure to get cars I really care about away from the shop the insurance company chooses and to somebody I've read fairly consistently good reviews of.
Actually not entirely true. I ran through 4-5 inches of water in my old S2000 and it stopped abruptly and wouldn't turn over. Thought I hydrolocked engine. Had my Mercedes Master Tech look at it and in 30 minutes he got it up and running. My intake was saturated with water and he said I got water droplets in the engine but it was fine. He took it apart and in about an hour to two I was back on the road.

At that point I told myself I would never own just one car ever again. So X5 for snow, ice, rain.
M3 for sunny days and weekends. Much easier and no worries.

Hell buy a fricken beater for rainy days. In Seaside Oregon right before HWY 26 if it storms its like 3 feet of water and there is no way a slammed M3 or stock for that matter is getting through. My X5 was pushing it. I saw some folks trying to get through and I thought to myself there is no way in Hell they are going to make it and they got stuck. I would honestly park and wait. Know the road and weather conditions.

Last edited by Endless619; 08-29-2012 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0