View Single Post
      02-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaw View Post
I can't agree. We are talking about a 16 year old child who has been handed everything and hasn't had to work a day in her life. How does giving the kid a $60k+ first car (and then handing her $10k+ in mods) teach her the importance of hard work and financial responsibility? The answer is it doesn't. Unfortunately, as you point out, there are far too many of these spoiled brats running around already. All you can do is take solace in the fact that you worked for it and are probably a better person for it. (Assuming you did, in fact, work for it )

Just a little bitter that my first car was a 1989 Honda Accord.
i take it you would hate me too lol.

i definitely see your point and where you are coming from though, i guess it just depends on the parent and the child really. personally i would never get my kid an m3 or any sports car because we all know how kids can be on the streets and giving them a car like that is just asking for trouble. but if my future son or daughter meets the criteria i stated before then i wouldnt mind getting them a nice SUV like a cayenne or x5 or something like that (if i can afford it) because i see they are headed in the right direction. When my dad got me my car he did because he felt the same way about me, if i was doing all that other sh!t, my dad would have never even given me a car.
Appreciate 0