02-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzentruber View Post
Yeah, I've found the rerouting pretty useless. Typically when I'm in heavy Chicago traffic, whatever it reroutes me on is just as bad or worse than just staying on. I have it enabled, and I'm not sure why I do. Another oddity of the feature is that as far as I've found, you can only reroute when it prompts you (basically, you get a message stating traffic is heavy, do you want to reroute). My other complaint is that in the screen where it displays info about current traffic issues, it seems to show everything in the area, not just what is on the selected route, which is useless to me. I've seen a whole page of traffic alerts, and it's hard figuring out which apply. Overall, I think my Garmin did a much better job with live traffic, but I guess YMMV, since some here like it.
+1 on the traffic info display, that irritates me as well. I guess it's in case you're thinking about taking another route yourself, but in that case it'd be nice to have it broken into sections, like "Traffic info along your route" and "Traffic info in your area".

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0