08-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

First and probably Last E90 with Vertice CF Hood Ducts

Hey guys,

Bought the Vertice CF hood ducts last month from Vertex USA(thanks to DAT). Tried to put it on my E90M but they wouldnt fit. So i contacted DAT and told him there was a fitment issue. A week later, they tried it on a E92M, and it fit like a glove. I was stunned!! So Dat gave me a choice of giving my money back because we all thought that the E9Xs were all alike and the Hood Ducts should fit since they had the same P/N. I thought about it for 4 hrs and said F it, it shouldnt be THAT different. Just some minor trimming should work. Boy was I WRONG! It was very involved and it took me 2 full days to cut away what didnt fit and add on things to make it work for my E90M. PITA!!!

Again, the Vertice CF hood ducts are MADE for E92Ms and NOT, i repeat NOT, for E90Ms.

I think they look pretty good.

Pics!

Box that the ducts came in! very nice packaging:

CF Ducts:

About 98% perfect. Very good quality IMO.

Back of the Ducts:

Modified Vertice/Lin CF ducts:

what i used alot of:

Back picture of the duct:

I made a plastic piece to replace the rubber piece that the vertice duct came with. The rubber piece didnt hold very well IMO. but i think it'll fit alot better in the E92Ms.

I added the gray circle piece so i can screw it down to the hood. I had to shave down the whole back park of the original vertice duct because the shape of the E92s hood in the duct area was NOT the same:

INSTALLED PICS:!
Had to drill 1 hole in each duct area:

Pretty Flush:

Side Views:

Back view:

Side View:

Top View:

Outside:

If you really want more pics:http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/a...s%20Installed/

Price? Well, EXPENSIVE. Thats all ill say. You can figure it out by going to Vertice website if your really that interested. Am i crazy? Yes. Am i the crazy idiot that buys an expensive piece that i know that isnt for my car? Yes.

Thanks for viewing. Comments are welcome.

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0