View Single Post
      12-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #35
JoB01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50 & 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
Has anyone had experience in avoiding sales/use taxes? I will be getting my M through a military sales program. If I have the car delivered to Oregon while still a California resident, would I have any troubles registering it there? I do know the address I will be "moving" to in the state and would be able to get the plates once they came in. If the move didn't end up going through, I could simply get California plates a year later?

Thanks!
We have different rules on how our residency works, which you're probably already aware of. I maintain my Idaho state residency (no state taxes for active duty), but with my last car, I registered it in Flordia. Granted, I got a florida driver's liscence first.... I'm not sure how much info you need to have "set up" before you can legally register in that state. You might be able to do it with just an address, but you may need a state drivers liscence first, too. I'm pretty sure you don't have to declare that state as your legal residence, though (since we're in the military). It'd probably be best to ask your PSD/CSD detatchment, your Admin Yeoman may be able to answer some of those questions....

Can't wait for the M3's!!!! Military sales is the way to go!
Appreciate 0