View Single Post
      10-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #153
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

I finished the Monster just prior to the iND photoshoot (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830443)

I never had a chance to get the car aligned and to be honest, there are not a lot of options in San Diego for a good track oriented alignment/coilover setup. Furthermore, my square 275/35/18s were rubbing pretty bad at full lock. On the recommendation of M3Post member "Esquire", I called Malek at MRF Performance. Malek was confident that he could remedy my rubbing issues and setup the car to my liking.

If you have read my build journal and iNDs post then you know my primary concern is that the car is functional and the rubbing I was experiencing did not fit into that ethos.

First off, I really liked Maleks shop. For an enthusiast like me that is a DIYer and gets antsy at the idea of someone else touching their car, this place is heaven. Small, with quality equipment and the experience of a master builder.

Align6 by JMEllis, on Flickr

Plus, its great to just chat about cars/BMWs while the Monster received nothing but the best care.

Align3 by JMEllis, on Flickr

Doesn't she look great sitting on the lift?

Align5 by JMEllis, on Flickr

I think I did a decent job at capturing the color. In sunlight, Signal looks much deeper while under cloudy skys it can look dark.

I had initially setup the car with a lot of camber and a lot of "low". Malek adjusted my settings to a better ride height and a much more performance oriented camber setting.

get-attachment-3.aspx by JMEllis, on Flickr

I love how the car turned out after the alignment! The car feels great and best of all, it does not rub! Here she is all dialed in and ready to go!

I cannot tell you enough how great my experience at MRF was. I will be going back.

Last edited by JEllis; 11-29-2014 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0