View Single Post
      08-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #197
gobrigavitch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 JZB

I just bought a used E90 M3 this spring. It has the 18" gunmetal wheels on which have some road rash on all 4. I also am needing some winter wheels so I think I'll use these for my winter wheels and get some Apex ARC's next spring for my summer wheels.

I've read most of this thread and see that many are going with 275/35-18 square setup. I mostly use the car as a DD, but have done 1 auto-x this year and hope to do 5 or so next year. I may do 1 track day/ year if I can find a way to get to a track. I like the idea of being able to rotate the tires front to back, but it's not that important to me. With my usage patterns in mind would a square setup work well for me on the 18x10 inch wheels? What are the downsides to going with a 30mm wider front tire for street driving?

If I do decide to go with the 18x10 wheels what color looks best on JZB. I have seen the satin black on black picture somewhere and that looks good, but I'm not sure if I want the all black look or not. Does anyone have some pictures of the Anthracite and Hyper Black on a Black car?
Appreciate 0