View Single Post
      05-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Boostking
Wants to be boosted again
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW M3

Excessive Tire Wear help

I know this is not the e46 forum, but as you might know, the forums are down. So I am turning to you guys for some help.

I have an 02 m3. When I bought it about 6 months ago, it came lowered on Tien springs. It needed a new set of tires on it so I wrapped all 4 in Potenza RE760's. The car was also aligned at this time. I dont drive aggressively very often. I dont run around grabbing second gear or taking turns extremely hard.

My rear tires have worn through on the inner edges (about 2 inches) to the cords in less than 5k. I put a back up set of tires on there about 1k miles ago (50% used tires) and now they too have worn through in the exact same spot.

I haven't a clue why. Being lowered on Tien springs the car has a decent amount of negative camber. I believed this to be the problem with the tire wear issue. However, I have read that negative camber is much less wearing on the tires than incorrect toe. Could someone shed some light on this subject for me so I might make the needed changes to my rear suspension or alignment before forking out another chunk of money on tires.

Thank you for your help.

-Brett
Appreciate 0