Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Are you a smoker?
No, never smoked a cig in my life.

Was forced to smoke weed 3 times (long story)

Did hooka a couple of times when I was in HS, haven't touched it since.
I also do what I can to get away from second hand smoke, I can't stand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Lol, maybe crack!!!
If I was on crack I'd be skinny lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
go into detail as if you were me... just wanna see whatcha say!
no BS.

btw good lookin bro. how long did it take?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
haha all this talk about getting sick, eating weird foods and losing weight! soo random. Hey jamie if youre going to bimmerfest make sure you hit me up Im going out early and probably wont stay past lunch either.
you should sign up for 24 hour jamie. I usually go 3-4 times a week
Randomness FTW lol

How much do you pay for 24?

I'll prly leave a little after lunch or so. I have to meet someone who is buying my TPMS so yeah

Quote:
Pretty crazy. How much did does something like that cost?

Quote:
I don't discriminate against the origin of cars.

Generally, I don't care for American cars because they are lame, but the Corvette (the C6, at least) is no car to joke about. It's a beast and I'd love to drive one (but probably wouldn't want to own one, just because of practicality issues)!
C6 Z06 is an amazing car. 3.6 0-60 and the car is several years old...

Handles great too. I really want to buy a ZR1

Quote:
If I had 60k to spend on a toy
ARIEL ATOM
Me want... are those even street legal? Perfect track monster

Quote:
Porsches are wayyy too expensive. It is just totally out of the question right now. The only one I could possibly afford is a 2003 996 and I don't want to go back that far lol. Plus I like some of the more subtle styling changes of the 997 I would want 2008 or newer but those are up in the 100k range
Don't go for a really used Porsche... you'll spend enough in maintance that would of allowed to buy a newer one.

BTW a Z06 won't be problem free either... just saying...
When you buy a used high performance car, save about 25% of the car's value and put it towards future maintenance
My old Boxster cost me almost 1k after only a few months... the started got stuck and didn't work anymore X.x... it was also leaking oil, coolant, and a whole lot of other crap... i was actually relieved when it got stolen... honestly I don't know how that guy got so far (they found the car like 100 mi away).
It would start to overheat after 50 mi if I didn't pull over and put coolant in it...

Quote:
Yea I usually will do tons of research before I buy something especially cars. I went into get my 135 and knew more about the dang car than the salesman did. And of course I will need to test drive both extensively. Can you believe I havent driven the M3 yet?
That's not something to be proud of.... rarely a salesman will know much about a car...
I remember when I test drove a M3 as a different dealer, he told me that the POWER button gives you more power.. I was like uh huh...

Quote:
I would choose an M3 over a Corvette. It may not be as fast in a straight line, but it's better in every other way. It's German so you know that it's built well, it will hold it's value better, the interior is nicer, handles better, etc...
Eh.... a Z06 handles very very well... it's a more performance oriented car than the M3.... the Z06 will run circles around the M3 if one knows how to handle a Z06
But I too would pick a M3 over the Z06 any day as a primary car.

And I type ^ before I read this:
Quote:
I would agree with all of your points but if you look into the z06 vette it holds its own on the track and is not just for a straight line. I wouldnt even say it holds its own thats a bit of an understatement The C6 Z06 laps the Nurburing in 7:42 while the e92 M3 does it in 8:05. I dont want to start an American vs German war because I really appreciate both cars and for their respective uses. I've never really been into American cars but this vette is a very nice car. Any other american car I would stay away from. The only drawback I have a bout the vette is the shit interior lol
Interior is a complete POS... but you can always make it nice

Quote:
I meant to say that with the M3, you'll probably feel more connected with the car.

Part of the reason why the Corvette has such good lap times is because of it's brute force.... not that there is anything wrong with that. The M3 and Corvette just offer different driving experiences.
Wes, I value your opinion but unfortunately, until you drive a Z06 extensively vs a M3 (or any BMW), I think you should try to reconsider a few things.

I haven't drive a C6 (or a Z06 C6) as extensively as the M3 (cause well, I own a M3...) but I've had some decent time with it (i was seriously considering buying one before) and that car is amazing. You reallllly feel connected to the road compared to a BMW.
The main reasons I didn't get them was because of the interior (I do like my luxury, and I was coming from a Benz), only 2 seats (I can live with 2 seats, but prefer 4), it wasn't German (I'm Persian.. it's like a requirement lol), and at the time, it cost too much for me. (C6 was about 50k)

Quote:
Coming from a tuned 135, you will probably think that the M3 is underpowered because the torque curve is different.
Coming from a heavily tuned 335i, I don't think so.
Also, still driving a Z4 DCT (which is actually comparable to a tuned 135 believe it or not), I don't think the m3 is underpowered.

Around town, I do miss the crazy low end torque, but overall, the power delivery is so smooth it's unmistakeably better. Also, freeway driving is much more enjoyable.
I do miss my 335i at times... I won't lie....

It was rare for me to come up next to a car and not know for certain that I would have no trouble beating it.
Appreciate 0