View Single Post
      08-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #17
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Yeah, EDC is going to be okay with Eibachs. But if anything breaks, you know it's on your dime, right? Someone just had a rear trailing arm break after installing springs and BMW wouldn't cover it. Did the springs cause it? Probably not, but the point is you have to pay to play.

While expensive, Dinan provides warranty coverage (yes guys, I'm aware that if anything goes wrong BWM and Dinan will duke it out and we're in the middle).

More importantly perhaps is that Dinan addresses the issues of suspension travel (front and rear). They modify the bump stops and perches, thereby preserving the amount of suspension travel. A simple spring kit like Eibach will not do that. (BTW, H&R seems to be the harshest ride from the posts I see; Eibach users are much happier....)

Now, is that worth anything? To me it is, but as with everything to each his own.

Oh, and the site doesn't have a mobile app I'm aware of. I just use Safari on my Iphone.
That was me that had me trailing arm break. I'm not sure if you have any affiliation with Dinan but you sure do a good job of advertising for them. Unfortunately, I don't think even Dinan's so called warranty would have helped in my situation. After going through everything, I don't think the Eibach springs caused the failure however, BMW's stance is that the modified springs voids the entire suspension warranty so that was that. Like you said, you gotta pay to play so be prepared to take responsibility for any mods you make to the car. That's the only sure thing when it comes to mod.