View Single Post
      11-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
bimdo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 m3

i started looking for a 335,couldn't find any used ones ones with a manual trans,and adjusted my thinking to an m3.i am so glad i did.once you open yourself up to the possibility of getting an m3,you will be sorry if you don't.if you are a true car guy,just tell yourself we only live once,and why always wish you had done it.it's only a material thing,but it's a way of letting yourself enjoy life.

as others on here told me when i was considering both,a 335 makes more sense,it has more torque around town and gets better gas mileage.the m3,though,is poetry in motion one guy said.that's the phrase that stuck in my head.it has a large number of improvements that the m division did over the 335,and you can feel them.it's not just a trim package.some very skilled engineers took a 335,and put a huge amount of time and effort into making it better.you can exceed the stats with mods,but can't duplicate the feel.the motor is not just high-revving,it's phenomenal.go through a turn with it at 6000 rpm,and then blast it up to the 8400 rpm redline as you come out of the turn.that's worth the price of admission right there.read this suspension review,and you can see the level of detail on just this one area-
http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...alkaround.html

it has near supercar performance in a practical but tough-looking body.i have bought the wrong thing before,and wasted money to end up with the right thing,and was damn glad i did in the end.

Last edited by bimdo; 11-07-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0