View Single Post
      03-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #58
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

What's funny is that I finished going through the whole thread about their certification. So let me guess... this wheel was not TUV certified because it isn't in the M3 collection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
They are busy buying affliction t-shirts....
Funniest thing I've read on any forum in a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
Eugene the reason for the delay was the part was backordered from the supplier. There was nothing we could do (or any other company for that matter) to get the part any sooner. Here is the official update on your order as it's progressed:

2/8: Supplier confirmed 22x2.5 4 weeks b/o and all other parts in stock
3/15: Received (2) 22x2.5 outers from Supplier and sent outers to finish

For the normal crew stating we suck, our product isn't forged, etc... The step lip cracked, and the step lip is from the same supplier that everyone else in the industry uses. So lets stop the quality hating right there because it's not an ADV.1 specific part failure. It could've (and does) happen to every wheel company when you produce any product in volume.

Beyond that this set was originally purchased in 2010. And this is not directed at Eugene or anyone specifically and simply part of being in the wheel industry for any wheel company - we don't know what our end users do, what roads they drive on, or how careful they are. The truth is there are some awful big potholes in the world. We've had customers ruin entire sets of wheels because they got drunk and went off roading in their 7-series... we can't protect against reckless drivers, and these wheels aren't brand new - but have been used for over a year.

Regardless - we've already taken steps to replace this wheel outside of it's warranty period to stand behind the product but a backordered part is a backordered part and that was the cause for the delay in getting a new lip out to him to fix the issue.
I'm sorry but that is not how you handle a problem. It seems like it's just lies and excuses over and over again. If the parts were backordered, why wasn't he informed? Is anything ever ADV.1's fault?

I would hope that you guys can expect the wheels to last a year before seeing any issues. The bottlecap style wheel on my E30 are most likely over 20 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaym3 View Post
we all know that every one is on the jock of adv1, maybe its time to pass the word around " other forums " that his wheels are cracking because the lack of engineering. The problem with the wheels is that the bolt circle on the center and the bolt circle on the barrels doesn't match, the bolts go in at an angle causing the in and outer sections to flex and eventually crack. Adv1 was informed by their parts manufacturer that this was a big problem and would cause BIGGER problems and decided to let it go in hopes that it was an isolated incident. Apparentley not from these pics...
All of a sudden, powdercoating a set of ZCP's in Hyper Black might suffice for me

Last edited by W///; 03-20-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0