03-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #35
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1gonz27M View Post
Totally agree with you, I am 19 years old turning 20 in the military serving overseas won't see friends and family for two years but will be purchasing an m3 when i return to the states. I have also been told on other forums you shouldn't be buying this type of car at your age. I say no really your telling me I can leave friends n family serve in the military at my age but I can't buy a car that I want. I just don't understand...
I also genuinely thank you for your service to our country. It's always been such a hypocritical situation--at 18 you can fight for our country and be trusted to use an automatic weapon, but you can't legally drink. And now I would seem to suggest that you're old enough, mature enough and responsible enough to serve in the military, but not old/mature/responsible enough to have an M3. But you at 20 and with military service under your belt are probably more mature and responsible than a 17 year old high school student. And in order to use an automatic weapon in the military, you underwent intense training. The same cannot be said for the typical teen driver. They undergo the joke that we call driver's ed in this country, then are given the keys to a 420hp, 155mph weapon. It's just silly.
Appreciate 0