03-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #34
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
You older drivers should show some more respect for us younger guys and stop with the comments about we wreck our cars and don't deserve to drive these cars because we aren't responsible enough... I paid for my own college education. Worked three jobs. Graduated in 4 years in spite of partying (asu grad), and bought my house at 22 and my m3 at 25. Have I had tickets? Absolutely. Have u had tickets? I'm certain u have. Just because youre older makes it more acceptable and less irresponsible?

Either way, hate away old people... At the end of the day I've got my m3 through my own hard work and love every minute of it.

Sorry for ranting...

Insurance info
State farm
E90 m3 dct (2009)
500 deductible max coverage
653.xx every 6 months.
My initial comment wasn't directed at someone like you. Very impressive in putting yourself through college, working hard, and buying your own car. But buying your own M3 at the age of 25 is VERY different from having one given to you at the age of 17. It's about responsibility, experience and judgment. It's why smart motorcycle riders will tell beginners, whether they're 18 or 35, to start with something smaller, slower and more manageable like a 500 or 600cc bike instead of jumping immediately to a 1000cc superbike. You need to make your mistakes and get the "stupid" out of your system with something slower first.

If I were given an M3 when I was 17, I would have said "sweet!" and gladly taken it. Then hopefully I wouldn't have killed myself doing something silly. I would have then looked back years later, though, and thought, "How stupid were my parents to have given me an M3 as a teenager?" Part of it is the cost of such a car, but for the most part it's not about being an "old" "jealous" "hater." It's about those of us in our mid 20s and older having the judgment to realize that at 17 you simply DON'T have the judgment. I would feel the same way about a parent giving their teen a Camaro SS or a Mustang GT--it's just irresponsible.
Appreciate 0