View Single Post
      06-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #47
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfo122 View Post
I was also at the Glen this past weekend (black E90 M3) and had issues with both high coolant temp warnings and a laggy DCT. Great to hear the do88 kit is paying off, I'll definitely be looking into it in the future.
No way! That's awesome.

I'm the instructor that came up to you while you were gridding and congratulated you on the PFC BBK.

My brother and I are #199 or #200. That weekend we were in the white E90, #199

We were very impressed with the cooling kit. DCT allowed us to redline every single gear nonstop as you can shift in the middle of a turn. Besides, we are running OEM GTS software which is extra aggressive and creates more heat.
Usually we consume 1/4 of a tank per session, but with the DCT we were at 1/3 given the extra abilities the high rpm running provides.
I consider it is impossible to drive at higher rpms than what we did this track day or to beat on the DCT any more than we did.

No warnings or issues of any sort running in red and black groups back to back for 1h at a time. The dash temp needle was at 3/4 of the way

If you ever run into us again let us know. We run around with a laptop and coding cable and would have installed the GTS software on your car had we known who you are.

By the way, don't feel too bad about overheating. My student was running a 6MT GT3 997 in blue group and managed to get high oil temp warnings and had to back off. My 6MT E92 M3 with all stock radiators runs 10 seconds faster than the GT3 with the same tires and does not overheat. The DCT probably would, but we're comparing 6MT vs 6MT.

So yet another icon falls. I've heard an incredible amount of bullsh1t on these forums of M3 driving GT3 fanboys who claim they need no mods for the track. Back in the real world, the GT3s have modded suspension, control arms, flywheels, clutches, diffs, cooling, brake rotors...

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 06-20-2017 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 0