View Single Post
      12-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #26
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

that was another reason i didn't pull the trigger was the fitment and tape thing. i felt that some R&D should have been done on this item first along with dyno figures bf rushing out the door for sale to public. i may get one down the road after the kinks are worked out and if i sell my Dinan one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
Yes, I agree. Install wasn't difficult but like I said it was just tedious putting the tape around the manifold. And did you take a look inside the charge pipe after clamping down to manifold w/o air filter on? Not sure what yours looked like but i could definitely see light coming through a couple of spots where the charge pipe and manifold connect i.e. poor fitment. I mean the gaps aren't huge, gaping holes but are significant enough that particles of dust, dirt, sand could potentially get through, not to mention hot air. This is after the tape mind you.

The big deal is paying 700 for something that you kinda have to ghetto rig a little bit. Did they not take fitment and a good seal on both ends of the charge pipe into consideration? Pretty retarded if they didn't. Again, overall, the piece is pretty nice and I definitely felt some performance gains as well. Before the charge pipe I only had BMC air filter and fabspeed X-pipe and barely noticed the performance increase. With the charge pipe I definitely noticed the increased power in the low rpm range.

Hmmm....no sponsors chiming in??? Where's the Technocraft reps to justify the fitment issues?
Appreciate 0