View Single Post
      05-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
slikk66
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535i M-Sport

Track Racing Information - Prep work, locations etc

Hi guys, I picked up my e92 m3 this weekend, what a beauty. I really am interested in taking it to the track soon. The nearest track to me is Willow Springs near Bakersfield.

I read on their website all vechicles must be "race prepped", which I would assume may involve taping the lights up etc, so what that requires I need to know. I couldn't find that info on their website.

Also, I would assume most people change out the rims and tires to avoid damage to the stock set. I figured I would look into buying some cheap wheels + tires on ebay or local speed shops. Any info on tires/wheels would be great.

I saw a m6 at a gas station recently and spoke to the owner. He had bluish sticky tape all along the bottom of his car to avoid stone/rock damage. Is this required by the track or just preference. I would probabaly do the same.

Other tracks in CA are Infineon in Sonoma, and Laguna Seca in Montery. I couldn't find any info on those sites about open racing, it seems you have to go with part of a car club that reserves the whole track. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks! See you on the track.
Appreciate 0