Thread: M3 to Z06
View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #138
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Slightly modified Z06 is as fast as the GT3 Cup (997)
It is a very very fast car. Add some aero mods (besides changing the seats and rear susp.) and it will basically kill anyting on a DE event. I think it is actually too fast with mods for a nontrained weekendracer. My only thing with the C6 Z06 is that it is harder to place exatly where you want it and the feedback you get is too late for me. The GT3RS is still not as easy as the M3 or my miata but not as scary as my Z06. In the Z06 I am scared more often than any other car. (on the track) I can do 2 maybe 3 laps with the concentration it needs to push it about 90%. I am just not good enough to exploit it. Franlkly it is more car than I can handle with my limited experience.
I am changing my perspective on track days. No longer want to be the fastest -being there done that - on a DE event but rather enjoy it in a relaxed way. Like enjoy the rain and low traction conditions.
Overall I highly recommend the Z06 for track use, take your time with it and learn it in a safe way maybe start with no mods except the seats (New seats are a must, the OEm ones will not hold you at all!!)
Appreciate 0