United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
so how did the 6MT transmission feel overall in the F430 vs the Lotus vs the Lambo?
I think I preferred the Elise's shifter best. placement is so perfect (it's right next to the steering wheel) and the throws felt pretty short. I did not like the clutch feel or the placement of the gas and brake in that car. I couldn't heel-toe if my life depended on it in that car. I probably just have to have more seat time in it.

I really liked the F430's shifter, but the throws felt slightly long. There were a few times where I had to think about how to go from 3rd to 2nd. Again seat time would probably make it better. I was able to heel-toe like a champ in that car and it felt great. The engine revved so much quicker than in the Elise. The Elise flywheel felt heavy and made the car feel lazy when rev matching.

I think the lambo's throws were the longest (if my memory serves me right). Shifting gears felt like operating factory machinery. One strange thing about the Gallardo is the dead pedal is really close to you since the wheel well is right there. So when you rest your left foot on the dead pedal, your knee is bent halfway. I'm only 5 foot 8 so I can't imagine how much a taller person would have to bend his leg. It felt awkward going from rest to clutch down.

So shifter: Elise, F430, and then Gallardo. Pedals: F430, Gallardo, Elise.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0