View Single Post
      01-13-2022, 04:56 PM   #43
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
There is basically no info on 292 cams on the 4.0 because no one has tuned for it. It is clear it made plenty of power on my strokers and there's no reason to think it wouldn't on a 4.0.

Tuners on this platform are busy printing money and copying and pasting files. They are not doing 'development'. The most popular tuner on this forum is not a tuner in the first place, as a monkey can copy and paste random pieces of code around and create crappy tunes.
Besides, the day one tuner does the work many others will simply steal it.

Since the mssflashers65 project came into existence we no longer have to wonder blindly whether tuner X or Y is good. We can clearly read and see how certain tuners disable knock adaptations, call for insane timing etc. We no longer have to wonder about these things.
Hear you loud and clear and of course the technical observation is that increasing flow will add power. Ditto on the tuners.. I come from years of turbo car ownership, especially the n54... so I know all about that.

I think I'll eventually be ready to take the jump and give the cams a try, but will probably run this season as is and take a stab at it next year.
Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11490.00
DrFerry6728.50
//steve\\1074.00