United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Hey doc, yours would be difficult similar to the intercooled centrifugals given the manifold-based heat exchangers. You would have to tap the velocity stacks. There are (or used to be) pre-tapped velocity stacks at an astronomical price.

Also, the aquamist controller use an injector pulse - width flow reference and it is very difficult for many to set up and operate effectively. It can be more precise but at significant hassle and complexity. The kit I have seen with very high effectiveness and reliability is a custom modified off the shelf Snow Performance stage 2 kit. The custom modifications include full steel braided lines and aircraft fittings. The Snow brain uses a boost-reference and that seems to be very easy to use and operate very reliably.

For a track car I would avoid a blower and all the added weight and do cams, catless exhaust and a tune on pump gas. 420 wheel hp all the time would be amazing with some weight savings.
Thanks for your technical savvy, advice and info. I had suspected meth with the Harrop SC kit could be tricky, but if ever pull the trigger I will most likely go the Snow Performance Stage II kit route you recommended - rather than Aquamist.

I seem to recall your running a Snow Performance kit at Air-Strip events that you ran early on with your E92 M3. Your philosophy of NA, + Cams, + Catless + Tune is the way SYT_Shadow went - and his car is a real animal - as shown in his high quality videos whilst giving the 911s fits.. Though I think he added a 4.4L stroker kit too.

There are some threads regarding the Schirmer N'Ring cars where rumors exist of them running a Harrop equipped car at the N'Ring. However, if that was done by Schirmer that car probably had mega augmented water cooling and intercooling. Thanks again for the advice.
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=harrop
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1