07-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #58
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTN View Post
What? this whole reply is total broscience. Bad advice.

Firstly, fat is essential in any part of a good diet you should not avoid fats but understand how much fat you should consume.

Secondly, all this bs with cardio first thing in the morning is rubbish. In fact, you don't even have to do cardio at all if you wish to lose desired weight goal.

Thirdly after 30 mins? your body uses fat? bro, whatever you've been told you've been misinformed. If you're doing cardio in the morning with no foods, you're training in a catabolic state or fasted state, you will be using your fats as your energy source. Look it IF (intermitten Fasting) very similar to what I'm talking about

The KEY to losing weight is a calorie deficit diet eating less than you maintance level AND you can't eat whatever you want in moderation eg pizza, ice cream as long as it fits into your daily macronutrients (look up flexable dieting or IIFYM). The old traditional strict method of just Chicken breast, broccoli etc will work but why kill yourself.

My advice has always been "don't adjust your lifestyle around your diet, but to diet around your lifestyle"

OP - Losing 10lbs is very doable.

I don't have the best metabolism but if you know how to diet + training you'll get there easy!
It's not all broscience. There is truth to the fasted cardio statement. There is truth to the statement regarding carbs burning quickly (..as do the sugars). He should have been more specific with his reference to fats, but he wasn't as far off the mark as your response would suggest. I agree with your flexible dieting suggestion (..and that's generally how I approach my eating unless I'm dieting down for a specific reason; i.e...show prep), but I also think that flexible dieting is best suited for those who already have control of their eating (..just like I feel that intricate body builder splits are best suited for advanced lifters, not new gym-goers). That's just my opinion though. People fail more often than they succeed with flexible eating and/or BB splits.
Appreciate 0