View Single Post
      08-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #31
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
Maybe I can clarify the rules a bit. First, the only difference between "Clean" and "Super Clean" is that additional areas of the car are judged. Therefore in "Clean" this year we only judged the Exterior and the Interior. In "Super Clean" we still judge the Exterior and the Interior using the exact same judging assessment. However we also add the Trunk and the Engine Compartment to the areas judged.

Also, while leemik's M3 was in the clean class, he only competed with other cars of the same vintage as per his win in the "Late" (as in Late Model) class. There were two additional classes in "Clean" and in "Super Clean" they are: "Vintage" and "Modern". Each of these three separate grouping with each "Clean" and "Super Clean" class each had a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.

Mileage is considered a bonus (the more you have) as is the age of the car. Here is how we do it:

Bonus points are awarded as follows:
1. One point for every 10,000 odometer miles; up to a maximum of ten points.
2. One point for every ten years of the car’s age (model year is base rounded down); up to a maximum of 5 points.

I hope this helps everyone feel that we try our best to make this a fair competition.

I am certainly open to suggestions for next year from anyone and welcome participation in the event. Feel free to let me know.
Okay. This does clear it up. Thanks !!