05-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
ASU
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVMI View Post
No. Dinan only matches the factory 4/50 warranty. This applies regardless or where you are in the factory warranty coverage. However, the out-of-warranty coverage by Dinan is 2/unlimited. So, using your example of making a purchase at the 3.5 year point in the factory warranty (and assuming you're not beyond the 50k miles), Dinan would cover the remaining 6 months on the factory warranty and then revert to the 2/unlimited for the balance. Regardless of the scenario (including buying an extended warranty from BMW), Dinan will not provide warranty coverage beyond the 4/50 or the 2/unlimited.

Just for the record, I am not an employee of Dinan. However, I have been researching several Dinan mods for my car and have already inquired about warranty coverage from my local Dinan dealer. The info I shared is what was communicated to me. Please refer to the following link for more details. Good luck!

http://www.dinancars.com/bmw/warranty
I have been researching DINAN as well and agree. I would be interested in your thinking on DINAN. I have been looking at the the software tune, crank shaft pulley, CF Intake and possibly the exhaust. I am looking for increased power and drivability. This issue with DINAN is they are conservative on their tune but I prefer the matched warranty. As for the exhaust I am not sure its worth the money based on my objectives. If I was looking for better sound (I am but not for $2500) and I am not sure I fancy the tips.

However, AA and/or Power Chip seem to be much more aggressive on the power at a better price. The issue is the on the remote chance something goes wrong, the warranty is in question.

Your thoughts?
Appreciate 0