View Single Post
      02-25-2023, 12:02 AM   #52
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
That's exactly the mindset we thought when I reset wyatth 's EDC on his ZCP car.
Yup. In my case, comfort mode got a little more comfortable, and sport mode got a little tighter, while normal stayed about the same. When I got my car (47K) the 3 EDC modes were noticeably different (and each used). But by the time I got to 62K, the 3 modes were hard to tell the difference between (they all felt like normal). Resetting the EDC made each mode feel the way they used to.

In theory, a system that adjusts for wear would be neat and I wouldn't want to "trick" the system into treating old dampers like a new set, but (1) we aren't sure what factors contribute to the EDC adaptations (if it's just mileage, that seems somewhat primitive since not all miles/use are equal on damper wear), and (2) given that mine were all feeling the same, I figured it would be a worthwhile experiment before considering swapping out the dampers. In my case, it bought me time since I like the distinct EDC modes and the dampers are not otherwise failing.

Davisca455 had different results with his reset, where it made all of his modes feel like sport... so YMMV.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6734.50
Davisca4552207.50