08-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #1102
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
From what I've seen, when they repaved Cotton Corners a couple years ago-----immediately following that sectional repave, Cotton Corners was slower. Everyone was sliding around in Cotton Corners right after the repave. But a couple months later, the pavement fully "dried out" and people had laid some rubber down, and then it was great to run through there after that.

From that experience, I'd say that the repave of the whole track is going to be generally the same. And from what we're hearing from the Speed Ventures event, it seems to be the case. It sounds like people were sliding around quite a bit out there at the SV event.

My guess is by October, the track will be getting in good shape---the track will have cured, some rubber will be down on it and the weather will be more friendly so the track surface temp will be cooler for better grip, and the friendlier weather will be kinder to our engines which will keep our power levels up. At that point, people should start to improve on their previous Buttonwillow times.
seems faster due to some of the curbing being flatter which means you can cut corners more but i haven't been and don't know, just from what I've seen. but i remember wsir needed a few months to have the rubber laid down
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0