View Single Post
      01-11-2014, 05:39 AM   #40
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp202 View Post
Nice review. My lease is up this May and I am strongly considering the S6. My wife and I are plus one and the e92 does not make sense for the family anymore. If the timing was right I probably would pick up an F80 M3. I test drove the S6 and the 550i. Was not impressed by the 550i and was very impressed with the S6. I have reached out to a few dealerships in FL and all of them have been a PITA. Steve Thomas BMW set the bar way too high!

I really like the diamond seats but was curious about the comfort sport seats with the massage function. How is the bass with the BO system and how is the sound quality with streaming and with your phone directly connected? What about some video of the S6?! Nice color by the way. Is it phantom black pearl?
I can't comment on the comfort seats since I don't have them, nor have I tested them out. The diamond quilt (standard) seats are extremely comfortable even on longer trips. I just took my first long drive (2.5 hrs) and I felt completely unfatigued afterwards. They also just look so good that there is no way I could pass them up.

The bass output of the B&O is highly dependent on the source. As a system, it is more than capable of substantial bass, however, if it isn't in the recording, then adding bass through the tone controls, while possible, is certainly not the same as having a seperate 1000 watt amp and a 12" JLW7. I listen to rock and classical, and for that, there is enough for sure. If you want that earthshaking feeling, then you will need to add something. One thing I haven't tried however (and I think I will) is to adjust the bass on my ipod and see what effect that has. In the end, however, it is just a magnificent souund system. And I mean magnificent. The bass is exactly where it should be for almost all musical types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
OP, did you consider the Ghibli S at any point?
Not really. My S6 is a daily driver. I needed something that wasn't so exotic in this regard, and from a convenience standpoint, the Audi dealership is only 6 miles from my house. The nearest Maserati dealer is about 70 miles from me. I would have probably bought a Panamera before the Ghibli, but again, we are faced with the issue of VALUE, which is and has always been important to me. As I said in a previous post, the S6 is a lot of car for the money. The Maserati and Porsche are best bought used where you can get a car with like 3000 miles for $30k off the list price.