04-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #216
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
Some of us where having the same 1st > 2nd grind at high RPM problem on ZPOST with our Z4-///M's until MVF4Rrider shared the secret in THIS thread..

Although we have different transmissions I am willing to bet it will fix your problems too.

By making this minor change to my driving style, when I want to I can now shift at the redline with confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
Also even if you are not changing from 1st > 2nd gear at high RPM, if you just apply the firm pressure to the left of the gear stick all the way through the shift you will feel how much smoother the shifting action is.

Try it and see.
I get the 1-2 grind every now and then. It's not too bad, and I really think that I'm getting over-anxious when pushing my M3 to redline when shifting to that 2nd gear. Plus the shifting from 1st to 2nd can be a bit 'delayed'. I feel the best solution is for the driver to adapt, and make up for the weakness in the shifting characteristic of the M3, and many other vehicles out there.

I'll take MVF4Rrider's advice on applying more pressure to the left when shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate 0