View Single Post
      10-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

I think there are couple issues here.

First of all, M3 is a very fast car, and it will take time to get there. I can guarantee you that everyone that goes to Pacific Raceways for the first time runs around 2 minutes regardless of the car. Then the times start to come down as people get used to the track, their car, and high performance driving.

I was running around 1:50s in my Cooper S (last year), and now I'm around 1:44s. There is 2-3 more seconds to be shaved, but it is better not to rush and take it slowly.

As others pointed out, 1 track day per year is not enough. After few months of off season, I always struggle a bit in my first day of the new season.

I personally think (and I know some instructors agree with this) that M3 is not the right car to learn how to drive. It is better to learn with a less HP car. But anyways, it is not the end of the world.

If you want, I can help you. It is too late for this season, but next season I can try. I'm an instructor with PCA for their driver skills program. I'm not an HPDE instructor yet, but I have helped others before. The only way I can help is with Turn 2 since Tom allows passenger rides.