Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Thank you sir. Finally someone gets it.

I think the obsession with the camera's is for people CAN'T DRIVE FOR CRAP.

Technic''s ideas are a good start, but iDrive should not be standard. I have no use for it and think it's ugly and it doesn't add any performance capability to the car.

Brake ducting should be preparded for so you can just snap on some Performance ducts to the rotors.
+1 on the iDrive...i have grown to like the new 2009 system, but I would prefer to not have it. my only fear is that iDrive makes a lot of functions very simple, which might be hard with a regular stereo deck. this is why MDM, premium audio, and other similar features require iDrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
The E9x M3 is not a track car, it is a luxury GT car that is extremely capable on the track. If you want to do a barebones M3 because YOU are a track junky, more power to you. Don't judge others because they use the car for something different or have different expectations.

Furthermore, if you have a problem with BMW's direction, why don't you write them a letter instead of insulting people that don't share your singular vision of what the M3 should be, but clearly is not?
True, the M3 is not a track car, but "luxury GT" is highly debatable. I guess everyone might have a different definition. I'd group the M3 as a sports GT or simply as a sports car. Seeing that the car is coming from M GmbH, the emphasis is definitely on "sport" over "luxury" (or at least it should be!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooowowizstev View Post
Oh and a factory alarm would be nice and definitely some LED tails. And a cool option that I'd probably pay for is like remote start on the DCT's.
+1 on factory alarm...LED tails coming soon!