View Single Post
      01-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
this came from a documentary..... doesn't make it any less valid, just saying....

anywho semi off topic, my Macro eco teacher basically would have blown Kinse (sp?) if given the opportunity in 2008, i wonder if he still feels the same way now? i would venture to say no.

we do need more teachers like this that arent afraid to simply tell kids that some students will succeed and that others wont at least to the same extent. Instead my business ethics teacher went around trying to brainwash kids into thinking that "the sole purpose of business is for the pious goal of employing its employees". Not an exaggeration, the teacher really believed this, if you said "no your wrong, the goal of business is to make money for the person who started it" he would say you are wrong and wouldn't allow you to speak anymore in class. no reason why he was right and you wrong. just no and your not going to be allowed to speak anymore....

It's not a zero-sum game like how the OP believes it to be. You're led to believe that capitalism gives everyone an equal opportunity to succeed but it's really just a modern day/neo-slavery oppressive system.
Appreciate 0