Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Funny you mention this. I believe that's coded in DME so it may be trickier, but I actually wanted to have my normal settings be Comfort EDC / Sport throttle / Normal steering (thought I'd want Sport steering before I got it but realized it's too heavy for my taste in city driving -- perfect for spirited drives though) and was always annoyed that no matter what I did the car would start up in Normal throttle and I think Normal EDC. This is sort of buried in the manual, but you can actually change the non-M Drive startup defaults. Go to the M Drive settings screen, press Options on the iDrive knob, and you'll be able to set startup EDC, Throttle, shift lights if you have DCT, and maybe even Drivelogic. It won't give you Sport Plus throttle or Sport servotronic steering (those are only for M Drive ON), and I have no idea how to do this if you don't have iDrive, but it may help somewhat you somewhat.
Yes - this is most likely a function that is located in the DME.

In the case of the E39 M5 and the E46 M3, the sport button memory was a byte in the DME that had to be changed. It's possible that in this car it could be in one of the modules. I will try to take a look over the next couple of weeks and see if I can change that. If it turns out to be in the DME, I'll have the Powerchip engineers take a look into it as well.

As far as options, the key dependant memory (not your M button settings) allows you to pick normal/comfort/sport for edc and normal/power for the throttle response. It does not allow you to choose sport plus by default, and it also doesn't let you choose any defualt traction control settings (such as MDM), or the steering stiffness setting. For me, I would like the car to turn on in MDM mode and with the steering tighter. I'll be working on how to enable this functionality in the near future when I have time to go digging through the code.

I've been meaning to update the coding list and post of videos for a while also. Sorry for the delay

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0