View Single Post
      08-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

Looking to adopt a dog

EDIT: ADOPT a dog. I didn't get the word First time.

I have always wanted to have a pet esp. a dog. I love the Labs and Mutts and finally thinking of taking a plunge.

About me: I am single and have an apt of my own. I have stable income and now can afford a dog care during the day for few months. I have normal work hours and am usually local on weekends.

I am a newb when it comes to pets. So what do you guys recommend, my next steps should be?

1) Get a Purebred or the opposite of that?
2) Is there some dog discussion forums? Like buying guide and sellers like e90post?
3) I want to get a pup but since I will working 5 days a week, I am afraid he'll not remember me that much. But I can be wrong.
4) Should the pup be home-trained already or do I have to hire someone to do it.
5) Do I need to be aware of any side-effects to me personally due to a dog? I have allergies every spring and my doc says to be away from cats but dogs are ok. What should I have myself checked for?

My friend warned me to buy from some home rather than a store. He bought his purebred lab from a farmer at a very remote town in NC. I live in NJ thou.

I don't want to shell 1000s of dollars for just cute looking dog. So what are your suggestions guys?

Also if anyone has contacts of probable shelters, feel free to get in touch.

Woof woof!!!
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0