12-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #24
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
ZK, nice of you to post your video.

You really need to take a course that gets into appropriate racing lines, managing weight transfer, etc. From what I see in your video, you could probably gain most of that 3-second deficit in a couple of outings, but you'll have to focus and concentrate a lot to totally close the gap. Still, it looks like you're having fun and that the whole point. Keep at it and try to get some instruction from successful drivers.

Dave
I've been autocrossing for 14 years. SCCA Sacramento Region Champion in ST-X class back in 2002. SCCA Enduro ST-X Champion 2002, SCCA NorCal Divisional 2nd place in ST-U in 2009...

It was actually my first runs in this car so I was not used to the lack of grip and weight shifting from a stock car. It was very different than a car set up for autocross class-specific competition. I got better.

Those runs were more like 7 seconds from the usual people I run with. I just posted it to show my learning curve when starting.

Here is my 2nd event in the BMW. A lot smoother.

Here's an old event in my previous car. Suspension is set up with HKS Hipermax III coilover suspension, custom alignment specs and set up with AD08 Neova tires, dyno tuned for 380hp, 400 ft/lb torque on stock boost map, BBS lightweight forged wheels.

Last edited by Z K; 12-06-2011 at 11:12 PM..
Appreciate 0