12-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
What is shocking is how the car scene in Austin sucks. I know Austin isn't as big as Houston or Dallas but still...

Many have tried to develop something but nothing has really stuck. Maybe COTA will change things but with it being inaccessible to most...not sure.

Well, having Cobb in ATX helps. They host 1st Thursday every month, and the turnout is pretty good. Contingent of GTRs showed up last month. There there is Cars n' Coffee in Leander (1st Sunday), which also brings out a nice turnout. There's a few night meetups on the weekend, you just have to know the places to head to. In the past couple months, I've seen a McLaren MP412C, the engineer that has the red 458 Italia shows up each week, a couple Black series, a couple Ariel Atoms (one of which had a Rotrex s/c'ed K series!), and a bunch of other stuff that's pretty awesome. Austin also has a decent Supra community. SW's old black MKIV is still the fastest documented 6MT in the 1/4 and in the Mile.

I think as Cobb continues to grow, hopefully other shops will head to ATX. Slow and steady
Appreciate 0