View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #467
Modena NYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Well my car is officially "updated"...my service write (the man btw) took care of it for me and said i the car was at program 29.1. Now at Ista/p version 46.6.000. Whatever that means???

Anyway, I have yet to really TEST it...meaning fully flog through redline, over and over, several gears. Its been power robbing hot as ballz here in NYC and i have no place to go.

However, i can tell a few things off the bat:
- the clutch engagement while in 1st gear is much smoother and now almost requires no gas - more timing at idle?
- Idle seems quieter...strange
- 1->2 shifts are accomplished much easier...again, maybe due to the timing? My 1->2 shifts before were always a little tricky to make perfect.
- throttle response immediately off idle seems slower (in normal mode)...maybe this also makes the 1->2 shifts easier? no clue.
- is it quicker? don't know yet. running up through 6k or so it def seems more linear and smoother...the slightly slower off idle (like below 2k) makes it seem sluggish from a very low rpm. but once in the meat of the powerband, it feels peppier.

I will be driving the car a ton this weekend and will report back again. If my butt were to say what is different, i would say its smoother and makes lazy shifts around town easier...and that the new tune feels weaker down low but then more even through the midrange. Upper range i can't comment on...YET

i also only run 93 octane.

Last edited by Modena NYC; 06-29-2012 at 08:19 PM..
Appreciate 0