View Single Post
      06-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #163
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Normally aspirated V8s may get really hard to find also. Those two are small reasons for me going with the M3.
That was exactly what I decided on the M3; it was now or never.

Quote:
As for Porsche being a logical move up from an M3, I covet the GT3, but not much else in their line.
I actually don't consider the Porsche a move 'up', to be honest; just a lateral one. Surprisingly, the 911 didn't 'speak' to me man. The only Porsche I really like how it drives is the Cayman S, but it's definitely uglier than a 911. I could have bought a heavily loaded CS (they can get to $90K ) for the same money as the M3, but passed; the M3 is a much better value, not to mention I'm partial to NA V8s, and at $15K+ below MSRP, it was now or never. But the CS drives beautifully too, and the H6 music behind your ears is only slightly below the M3s in front. What I liked about the CS is that the driving position was perfect: seats, steering wheel, shift knob, pedals, clutch... everything. And steering feel, clutch feel/actuation, shifter, etc. was just about perfect too. I was driving it like a pro since the moment I left the dealership, like if I had owned it for years; amazing. But it's too small, impractical with just 2 seats and hardly any luggage space, butt ugly, and no dealer around. It's going to make more sense once I'm an empty nester. The M3 was the right car right now for many reasons, and couldn't be happier with it. Take care, and thanks for the great conversation.
Appreciate 0